Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Welcome to ColabRating

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to ColabRating (CR) - the site and app for people who share Colabs.
I like Open-Source software in general, and Open-Source AI in particular; I think it’s important, and I don’t think the way we discover Colabs until now has been good enough.

Here’s me talking some more about that, taken from a podcast I was on.

So, I hope lots of you will create an account, and post your Colabs.

I also hope this can become a constructive, supportive place to discuss Colabs, software and AI, where people feel comfortable jumping in, posting their stuff, and having fun.

Benefits:
  • Sorts out your OpenGraph and Schema, so you can control how your Colab is viewed on Social Media (Image, title etc) and search engines (description, metatags).
  • People can view and follow your CR account, and see everything you’ve published in one place.
  • There’s a search and filter system, a tag system, and an upvote system within CR itself, so you can find what you’re looking for way easier than any other method.
  • CR is presumably going to have an audience of people who are interested in Colabs, who might come to the site for any number of reasons and eventually find your Colab - so, finally lots of people can see your work.
  • You can set a status (Available, Selectively Available or Unavailable) to indicate the extent to which you’d like to work with other members. Maybe you’d like to get hired, work on a project, or co-found a company - there’s every chance you’ll find the people you need here.

Instructions

• Create an account by clicking the “SignUp Now!” button or going here.
  • Post a Colab by clicking the “Submit Colab'' button or going here. Hopefully what to do next is obvious, but let me know if it isn’t and I’ll write some documentation.
  • Make sure you post your Colab as read-only, but viewable by anyone (Share > Get Link > Change > Anyone > Read-Only). With any other settings, people either won’t be able to see it, or will be able to edit the original.
  • Likewise, if you’re looking at someone else’s Colab, save a copy if you want to make changes.
  • If you want to publish a modification of someone else’s Colab, put the original version’s CR link in your description.
  • You can tag your Colab with anything you like. If there’s already a similar tag, the app will suggest you use that one.
  • Search works on the entire title and description as well as tags.
  • On most devices, you can install the site as an app that works offline. On desktop operating systems this will show up in the navigation bar, on mobile it’ll be an option in the left-side popout menu.

So, jump in! Any questions, you can ask right here by reply, and it’s always possible to message me directly by clicking my name.

Have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom